For more than 84 years, the Rotarians of our club have provided both financial and volunteer assistance to the Boulder City community and its organizations, as well as supporting the projects of Rotary International throughout the world.
Having been chartered in 1937, the Rotary Club of Boulder City is not only the oldest club in Boulder City, but one of the oldest clubs in the entire Southwest. Our club started as a “noon rotary” and we met at the historic Railroad Pass Casino. In 1989 our
club sponsored a second Rotary Club in Boulder City; Boulder City Sunrise Rotary. We have had over 84 Past Presidents since our charter year and all have been examples of Rotary’s best. Over the years our meeting location and time has changed but our service to the community and Rotary International has stayed the same.
On Memorial Day of 2004, our primary fundraiser – the Best Dam Barbecue Challenge was established. This event has raised money in support of programs such as:
• Mini-grants for all local public schools.
• Jr. High Interact Club
• Stem Guitar Project-Jr. High Students learn to construct and play electric guitars.
• Pancake breakfast during the fourth of July.
• Boulder City Emergency Aid.
• Boulder City Lend a Hand.
• Miracle League-Sponsor/Volunteer whiffle baseball for handicap children/adults.
• Teen Leadership camps.
• Santa Clothes-Buying new clothing for needy families.
• Fight to eradicate polio worldwide.
Major High School Scholarships:
• Rotary Club of Boulder City Scholarship – Honoring Dib Campbell
• Rotary Club of Boulder City Scholarship – Honoring Elton & Madelaine Garrett
• Rotary Club of Boulder City Scholarship – Honoring Leslie Ringen
• Rotary Club of Boulder City Scholarship-Honoring James Gillette
• Rotary Club of Boulder City Scholarship-Honoring Bill and Elaine Smith
• Rotary Club of Boulder City Scholarship-Honoring Christy Springate-Hill
Our club is proud to be one of two Rotary clubs in Boulder City making Boulder City an even better place to live.